British Gas Business electricity rates
British Gas also offer dedicated electricity plans to UK businesses. You don't have to use the same energy supplier for both your business energy and gas, although this could secure you better prices and allow you to save on your businesses' energy costs.
Business electricity unit prices may be cheaper than domestic ones (but you will pay more VAT). Business electricity prices are calculated based on your businesses' size and energy consumption. British Gas offer both fixed and variable rate electricity contracts to their customers, as well as tailored deals for half-hourly meters.
Half-hourly meters are usually found in large companies with a high amount of business energy consumption. If your business has a half-hourly meter, British Gas offer tailored prices and immediate quotes for your business account. If green energy is a key priority for your company, it's also possible to get a fully renewable electricity plan for your business.
How to switch to British Gas Business
If you've decided you want to change suppliers and make British Gas your new business energy provider, here are some simple steps that outline the easiest way for you to change your energy service:
- Make sure to compare prices at Business Energy – it's the easiest way to save money on your energy bill.
- Inform the supplier directly that you wish to begin the deal you selected from Business Energy. You’ll need to let them know some important information, such as your business name and address, average energy usage (this can usually be found on your energy bills) and the details of your old supplier.
- Once you’ve agreed on a quote and price with them, you should receive a contract pack for your new account: you don’t need to sign this, it’s simply for your own reference.
- They will process the change and contact your old supplier: there should be nothing for you to do as long as there’s no outstanding balance on your account, or you’re not tied into your existing energy contract.
- Sit back and relax! It usually takes around three weeks to change provider, and your new supplier will manage the whole process.