Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Policy
Business Energy UK is committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion within our organisation and the services we provide.
We recognise and value the diversity of our employees, customers, stakeholders, and the community we serve.
This policy applies to all aspects of our relationship with staff and potential staff, customers, stakeholders, suppliers, contractors, and the wider community. This includes every aspect of employment from recruitment, selection, training and development, and appraisal, to conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
Our policy aims to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation, and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between individuals who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Encourage an environment that respects and values individual differences, both visible and non-visible, and helps everyone to give their best.
- Ensure all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and are not discriminated against because of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Employees and Potential Employees
We aim to create a supportive and inclusive working environment where everyone can realise their potential, regardless of their background or characteristics. We are committed to:
- Ensuring our employment practices are fair, flexible and promote equality.
- Offering inclusive and accessible formats for recruitment, selection, and employment practices.
- Promoting equal opportunities for learning and development.
- Providing clear routes for raising concerns or complaints without fear of victimisation.
Customers and Stakeholders
We are committed to ensuring our services are accessible to all and meet the varied needs of our diverse customer base. We are dedicated to:
- Engaging with our customers and stakeholders to ensure their needs and expectations are understood and met.
- Providing clear and accessible information about our services.
- Ensuring our communication practices are inclusive and accessible.
Implementation and Monitoring
Business Energy UK will ensure that this policy is effectively implemented by regularly reviewing its practices and procedures. We will monitor the makeup of our workforce and job applicants and share this data in accordance with data protection laws.
This policy will be reviewed annually and updated as legal and regulatory changes require.
The responsibility for implementing and monitoring this policy lies with the management of Utility Saving Expert. All employees are expected to uphold this policy and act according to its objectives.
For any queries or concerns about this policy or equality, diversity, and inclusion at Utility Saving Expert, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.